Book Series of 2018!

Hello guys! I am coming back today with a double post for you, in excuse for skipping yesterday's blogpost...😌 So, today, I will be talking about the series I completed in 2018 and the second portion of this post will be about the series I started or continued reading in 2018!!!


Let's begin!

A. Book series I completed in 2018!

This was the best reading year so far for me!! I completed 7 series!!! SEVEN! That was so cool!

1. Robert Langdon by Dan Brown


This year I read Origin by Dan Brown! It was a 5 star read for me!! I am sure this series is not finished yet but since there hasn't been any new announcements I count this series as completed for now!!! Origin is the fifth book in the series and the first four are:

  • Angels and Demons
  • The Da Vinci Code
  • The Lost Symbol
  • Inferno


2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


This year I finally read the finale to that series; The Last Star 
It was an ok series for me. It started pretty epic with The 5th Wave being a 5 star read but the sequels did not end up that good. This series consists off:



3. Divergent by Veronica Roth


FINALLY!!! I read Allegient and I now understand why this book caused so many talks!!! I am happy to put this series behind me... It was a fun ride but I am done!! Haha!!I haven't posted a review about Allegient... Do you want one???
 This series includes:



4. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


War Storm came out this year and so another series came to an end! And another dystopian one, like the previous two! It was a pretty good series but it did not blown my mind to be honest. However, I will miss the characters and I heard the there will be a novella following War Storm even though the series is concluded! Books in this series:



5. The Edinburgh Seer by Alisha Klapheke


I read these as e-books back to back and I really enjoyed them! They are fantasy young adult books set in an alternative modern Scotland! Cool! It was released this year so makesure to check these out:



6. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead


The finale to that trilogy came out this year and we finally learned Tamsin's story and point of view of events!! Books in this series:






7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


OMG!! One of my most favorite book series of all time came to an end! What a wild ride!!! A series full of adventure, plot twists, feelings... so many feelings! Such a great cast of characters! Oh, I didn't want that series to end!!! I already miss all the characters!!! I WANT MORE!!!! I loved that world! I believed I rated every book with 5 stars!!!! AMAZING!!!! READ THEM ALL:




B. Book series I started/kept reading in 2018

1. The Plantagenet And Tudor Novels by Philippa Gregory


My goal for 2018 was to finish this series which consists of 15 books! I had read the first five in previous years and I only read 4 out of the ten remaining... So, you kust figured out one of my bookish goals for 2019! And probably 2020... let's be real! I read from The Constant princess till The Other Boleyn Girl this year. This series consists off:




2. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


I read one book per year from this series and I have only Winter that I "saved" for 2019! I enjoy this series so much!!! They are fairy tale re-telliongs, each one based on one famous heroine from our childhood! I recommend them to everyone!! This series consists off:



3. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Another series that I read one book per year! An adult historical fiction series and one of my most favorites! This year I read Voyager and I am currently watching season 4 on Netflix! It is a huge series so I will probably be reading it for seven more years! Hahaha!!! Those are:

  • Virgins (novella)
  • Outlander
  • Dragonfly In Amber
  • Voyager
  • Drums of Autumn
  • The Fiery Cross
  • A Breath of Snow and Ashes
  • An Echo in the Bone
  • The Space Between (novella)
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood
  • A Leaf On The Wind Of All Hallows (novella)
  • A Trail Of Fire (novella)
  • Seven Stones to Stand Or Fall (short stories)
  • Go Tell The Bees That I Am Done (book 9 not yet published!)


4. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes


I started this series this year and I have only read the first book but I am hooked! I want to read the rest of them in 2019! Contains those books:

  • Crimson Dagger (novella)
  • Falling Kingdoms
  • Rebel Spring
  • Gathering Darkness
  • Frozen Tides
  • Crystal Storm
  • Immortal Reign
  • Obsidian Blade (spinoff)


5. Hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


I also started this series this year reading Hush Hush back in March. I really want to keep on reading and find out that ending! Books in this series:




6. The Queen Of The Tearling by Erica Johansen


Another book series I started in 2018! And another where I Only read the first book... *story of my life* 
I enjoyed it and I plan on going on in this series in 2019! This series includes:

  • The Boy (novella)
  • The Queen of the Tearling
  • The Invasion of the Tearling
  • The Fate of the Tearling



7.Bright Smoke Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge 


Read the first book this year after loving previous books I read by this author and loved them. I didn't end up loving this particular book but as it is only a duology, I will the second one in 2019! In this duology there are:

  • Bright Smoke Cold Fire
  • Endless Water Starless Sky


8. The Book Of Deacon by Joseph R. Lallo

I had been reading that book for ages... I didn't like it that much so I will not read the rest of them...

9.Shades Of Magic by V. E. Schwab


I read the first book this year and I am currently reading the second one! I have been loving this series so far and I want to read all books by this author! Books in this series:



10. The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare


I have re-read Lady Midnight and Lord Of Shadows and I am ready to start Queen of Air And Darkness!! OMG!!! I am not ready for this....








11. A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas


Another favorite series of mine! I have read every book that is out and loved them! There is supposed to be one more novella and three more books if I am right!! Those that are out are:



12. The Witchlands by Susan Dennard


I have read the first two books (and a prequel) in this amazing fantasy book series and I am (not so) patiently waiting for the next installment!!! Fall in love with these books:



13. The Androma Saga by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings


I read Zenith and really enjoyed it and I can't wait for Nexus coming out May 2019! Unpopular opinion loving this book but I do!!!








14. The Daevabad Trilogy by S. A. Chakraborty


You have probably understood how much I LOVED City of Brass which is the first book in this trilogy! I can't wait for Kingdom Of Copper, coming out Jan 2019!!!!!








And a bonus category...

C. Series I did not continue in 2018 (and mostly not because I did not want to!!!)

I have only read the first book in these series and need to catch up!

1. All Souls Trilogy by Debora Harkness (LOVE IT!!!)

2. The Falconer by Elizabeth May (dnfing this series?)

3. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings (dnfing this series?)

4. Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout (dnfing this series?)

5. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (read the first two!) (REALLY ENJOY IT!)


See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)