Hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - book review!




Hello guys! I know I was absent for a long time but I am really trying to get better!!!! If you didn't know, I have a bookstagram account now!!!!🎉🎉 I post more often there, I promise!! Hahaha!!!😂😂 Just follow me on @booksreadbyjoan to get notified for when I post in my blog and to talk about books!!!

Back in March, I read Hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. It is a paranormal romance, something like Twilight or the Fallen series, that I hadn't read back on 2009 when it was published, and wanted a light read at the moment.
So you know, I am one of those girls that really enjoyed the Twilight Saga back when I read it! 🙈 And so, I enjoyed that book too even being 29! Hahahah!!! It reminded me of my teenage life and I loved that!



The story follows Nora, a young girl who sits next to Patch on biology class. Patch is a really mysterious guy but she is kind of attracted to him. Then mysterious things start happening to her and  her best friend Vee and Patch seems to be the only guy to help. It is not a big spoiler to say that Patch is a fallen angel but I won't tell more!

Oh, I loved Patch's character! Yes, this book has all the ya tropes you could imagine but that didn't stop me from enjoying it!
I recommend it for a cozy October read, if you want a quick read and Sara J, Maas also rated it on Goodreads with 4 stars! And if you didn't like the Fallen series that much, don't worry! I did not either and still enjoyed that book! I really want to read the next books soon! That book really made me laugh a lot with Patch's lines and I may have fallen for him too!💓

Also, according to Wikipedia, on July 20th 2018, Becca posted that a Hush hush movie would be headed to production very soon. Kellie Cyrus will be directing the film, best known for directing The Vampire Diaries and The Originals!!!!! HOW COOL!!!! I loved both these series so I believe she is going to make a good job!

I rated this book with 3,25 stars!



Some of my favorite quotes:

“You smell good, too,” said Patch

It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”
Naked. I know the drill.”

“You possess other people's...bodies."

He accepted that statement with a nod.
"Do you want to possess my body?"
"I want to do a lot of things to your body, but that's not one of them.”

Coach: "Good. Now for the big question - how do you know if she's game or if she wants you to move on?"
Patch: "I study her. I figure out what she's thinking and feeling. She's not gonig to come right out and tell me, which is why i have to pay attention. Does she turn her body toward mine? Does she hold me eyes, then look away? Does she bite her lip and play with her hair, the way Nora is doing right now?” 


Have you read the Hush Hush series? Did you like it?
Leave me a comment down below!

P.S. I am also currenlty re-reading Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas to remember everything that happened before Kingdom of Ash publishes next week!!! I am so anxious!!! Anyone else???
That's all for now!
xoxo

Check out the Goodreads summary for more:

A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE


Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)