Dracula by Bram Stoker - book review

HAPPY HALLOWEEN YOU GUYS!!!!



For today's blog post I have a book review for you that matches today's mood! And that is Dracula by Bram Stoker! A classic read I had never read before! The original story, published back in 1897 that inspired all later vampire tales!


I read it in the beginning of this month, and being sick at the time I read it in less than 48 hours! And I enjoyed it too! 

The book is written in diary entries through different points of view from a group of people who try to fight Dracula and stop his evil plans.





To be completely honest I didn't like that much the diary form because being a horror story, each time a read an entry from a character I knew that this character had already survived whatever I was reading, as he later sat down and wrote everything in his diary! However, the writing style of the author was really good. It kept me interesting throughout the entirety and I flew by it really quickly! 

My main issue though, was that I expected it to be what the title says...about Dracula! I thought he would be the main protagonist of our story! It would be more accurate if the book was titled as Van Helsing! 

I rated this book with three stars!



Some of my favorite quotes:

“I suppose that we women are such cowards that we think a man will save us from fears, and we marry him.”

“There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”

“We learn from failure, not from success!”

“Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain.”

“Loneliness will sit over our roofs with brooding wings.”

“I sometimes think we must be all mad and that we shall wake to sanity in strait-waistcoats.”

“Remember my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker”



Have you read Dracula as well? Should I also watch the movie????
That's all for now
boo
Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)