My 2019 most anticipated reads



2019 is just around the corner and many great books come out next year! Here are 12 (because who can only name 5 or 10 of my most anticipated 2019 releases!!!
*G refers to publication date according to Goodreads and
BD according to Book Depository
*Images are from Google images



1. Chain of Gold (The Last Hours #1) by Cassandra Clare
estimated publication:2019

Follows the story of Lucie Herondale, Will Herondale's daughter from The Infernal Devices book series! I loved the Infernal Devices and I have really high expectations about this series!!! Cassandra Clare has created an amazing world and the more I read about it, the more obsessed I become!





2. The Red Scrolls Of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1) by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu
G: April 2nd BD:April 9th

Follows Magnus and Alec from The Mortal Instruments series after the events of the Dark War. Another novel in the Shadowhunter world. To be honest, this is the only one I am not sure if I will like as much as her other series, even though I love Magnus and Alec. I will for sure read it though because I loved every single book in this world. P.S. I don't like that cover... Could they change it?? Haha!





3. Circle of Shadows (Circle of Shadows #1) by Evelyn Skye
G: Jan 22nd BD: Jan 21st

Evelyn Sky is the writer of the Crown's Game duology. I don't know how I haven't heard many readers talk about that duology as I loved it and I am sure many of you will love it too!! However, I am curious to read her new upcoming series and see how much her writing style has changed and evolved!




4. The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy #2) by S. A. Chakraborty
G: Jan 8th BD: Jan 21st

I am sure I have talked about The City Of Brass A LOT! And that's because I freaking loved this book! I am so happy I read it later this year and I didn't have to wait a whole year for the sequel! It's safe to say that I have already pre-ordered it and I am super anxious to read it! 




5. King of Scars (Nikolai Duology #1) by Leigh Bardugo
G: Jan29th BD: Jan29th

I have not read a single book by Leigh Bardugo... yet! I have purchased her Grisha trilogy and I am ready to indulge in her world and read her books as I have only heard great things! I hope to catch up with her new release as well as I see that many of you are really looking forward for that book!






6. Bloodwitch (The Witchlands #3) by Susan Denard
G: Feb 12th BD: Feb 12th

What an amazing cover!
I am patiently ( not so patiently to be exact) waiting for this book for two years! TWO YEARS! I plan on re-reading the first two before moving on to Bloodwitch, the third novel in the Witchlands series, so that I can fully commit to the story and reconnect to the characters. Aeduan is a so intriguing character! So complex and mysterious! This series is supposed to be 5 books so there's still future!







7.The World of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
G: Oct 1st BD: Sep 3rd

I can't have enough of this world! I am so sad  this series ended but what a ride!!! I loved all of her books and I really want to re-read them in the future!!! Aelin will always have a place in my heart!


8. Crescent City (Crescent City #1) by Sarah J. Maas
estimated publication : 2019

After Throne Of Glass ended, this was my only consolation... That Sarah J. Maas is writing a new series with fae! I hope it will be a huge series as well and that it will cover my emptiness after Kingdom of Ash!




9. These Divided Shores ( Stream Raiders #2) by Sara Raasch
G: Aug 2nd BD: Sep 5th

Hm... I still haven't read the third novel of her previous series Snow Like Ashes but I really want to read her new series as well since it's already on book 2! I have plenty of time to catch up! This is another author I haven't heard many readers talk about along with Evelyn Skye! Well, I really enjoy their books!!!




10.Nexus (The Androma Saga #2) by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings 
G:  May 7th BD: May 7th

I know there are waaaaaay many bad reviews about Zenith but to be honest I really liked it! I loved that there was a big cast of great characters and I am really impatient for the sequel! 




11. The Huntress by Kate Quinn 
G: Feb 26th BD: Feb 18th 

I haven't read any books by Kate Quinn, but her novels always have great reviews and ratings! She writes historical fiction which is my favorite genre, same place with fantasy! Or is fantasy a bit higher? Well probably yes but I still love historical fiction books! I have mostly read historical fiction books by Philippa Gregory and Diana Gabaldon so I really want to check out some new to me authors for 2019!


12. Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees Brennan, Robin Wasserman and Kelly Link

The bind up of ten short stories, previous released as e-books. I haven't read them because I was waiting for the physical copy which comes out during summer 2019! It seems we will have plenty of Cassandra Clare's books this year which makes me so damn happy!

Which books you can't wait to read? I am really looking forward for your recommendations! Share them in the comments below!!!

See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)