Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas - book review!




I read this book last month and OMG I still can't find the right words to express all the feelings I experienced while reading this.... But, I'll try! Hahaha!!!

Well, if you don't know...(seriously, first of all which planet do you live in?) this is the 7th (or 8th if you count the prequel) book in the Throne Of Glass Series! An amazing concluding novel... Can't believe it's over!

If you aren't familiar with this series go read Throne Of Glass and come back some months or years later till you catch up with this series... Hahaha!!! This post will be here waiting for you!

Charlie Bowater
Isn't this poster SO BEAUTIFUL??? I can stare at it forever!!!!! I have the UK paperback edition that matches the previous books I own but I wish I had that poster!!! Charlie Bowater is an amazing artist!

So... finally... the ending battle... all the angst...
It was so cool to meet Erawan from so close... at last! I was terrified!!!!
Also, how amazing was to unite Chaol with the rest again! And when every character got to meet with the others again... oh these were some of my favorite scenes!!!! I loved how we followed each group and how those groups changed and entwined... Sarah J. Maas is my Queen!
And the world, we travel everywhere in this book which is so cool too!!!!

This book is amazing and if you are here and you have read the previous books probably you have already read this one too! I will not talk spoilers after Tower of Dawn just in case though!

Aelin's story was AMAZING! And Manon's... and Dorian grows so much in this book I can't even describe! And Chaol and Yrene... Elide and Lorcan were my two cute characters that I LOVE so much! Rowan holds my heart! In the same place with Chaol... OMG! I never expected to LOVE ROWAN AS MUCH AS I LOVE CHAOL!!!! And we got to know a lot more about Fenrys too! And Aedion and Lysandra went through Hell in this book! The whole cast of characters is out of this world and it is not at all difficult to get to know them and read from their points of view as each one of them has a distinct personality and background story and purpose. 

This book made me laugh but also made me cry! So many feelings, such a roller-coaster to read it but I was so surprised by the author's skills in this one! It is a masterpiece in my point of view!!! It will always have a piece of my heart and I will for sure re-read this series in the future!!! I can't believe there are no more books left....!



Of course I rated this book with 5 stars!
Some of the non-spoiler quotes I loved:

source
“Once upon a time, in a land long since burned to ash, there lived a young princess who loved her kingdom …”

Blood and sand and crashing waves.

She was Aelin Whitethorn Ashryver Galathynius, and she was Queen of Terrasen.

"And you plan to join us in this war?"
"I'm certainly not going there to enjoy the weather."

"I meant every promise I made to you on that beach in Skull's Bay."

"The sword of Orynth is only a piece of metal and bone. It's what the sword inspires in the bearer that matters. The true heart of Terrasen."

Death had been her curse and her gift and her friend for these long, long years. She was happy to greet it again under the golden morning sun.

"The it will be the scar I treasure the most." 

"From now until the Darkness claims us."

"All of us who fight here today do so with someone standing invisible behind us."

“Passed over one of those mountains, where a winged male stood beside a heavily pregnant female, gazing at those very stars. Fae.”

"Let's make this fight worthy of a song."

"We'll pretend my last words to you were something worthy of a song."

source
Check out Goodreads for more:

Years in the making, Sarah J. Maas’s #1 New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an epic, unforgettable conclusion. Aelin Galathynius’s journey from slave to king’s assassin to the queen of a once-great kingdom reaches its heart-rending finale as war erupts across her world. . .
Aelin has risked everything to save her people―but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. Aware that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, though her resolve begins to unravel with each passing day…
With Aelin captured, Aedion and Lysandra remain the last line of defense to protect Terrasen from utter destruction. Yet they soon realize that the many allies they’ve gathered to battle Erawan’s hordes might not be enough to save them. Scattered across the continent and racing against time, Chaol, Manon, and Dorian are forced to forge their own paths to meet their fates. Hanging in the balance is any hope of salvation―and a better world.
And across the sea, his companions unwavering beside him, Rowan hunts to find his captured wife and queen―before she is lost to him forever.
As the threads of fate weave together at last, all must fight, if they are to have a chance at a future. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever in the explosive final chapter of the Throne of Glass series.

Check also A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J. Maas!

That's all for now!!!
See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)