2018 New authors I've read this year - part 1



Each year, I like challenging myself to "discover" new authors. This year has been the best so far as far as that particular goal as I have "discovered" 13 new authors! I will talk about the first 7 here and there will be a part II coming soon! I wrote them by the chronological order that I read their books!


1. Matt Clayton 
"Egyptian Mythology"  - 2*
Well, I love egyptian mythology but I didn't like this  book at all... I am sad to say that this was the worst book I read this year... I didn't like the writing style and probably I won't read any other books by this author... Sorry!





2. Morgan Rhodes
 "Falling Kingdoms" - 3.5*
I probably should have rated it more because I read it back in January and I am still thinking about it and about how much I want to read the next of the series! I also want to re-read it before continuing so that I can tab it and keep notes! For other books I want to re-read visit THIS post.




3. Sasha Alsberg
 "Zenith" - 4*
I don't mention Lindsay Cummings as I have read the Murder Complex. I don't know how much of this book is Sasha or how much is Lindsay but I liked it and I can't wait for Nexus! I have posted a spoiler-free review here if you are interested! I will also for sure read Sasha's next book, aka the book she is currently writing (project red) because it is set in Scotland (yay!) and because I also want to see her own writing style!





4. Alisha Klapheke
 "The Edinburgh Heir Trilogy" - 4*
I read all three books back to back and I loved them!They are set in Scotland too, yay!! Those are:
The Edinburgh Seer- 3.5*
The Edinburgh Heir- 4*
The Edinburgh Fate- 4*
The main characters are sooo good! I miss Thane so much!!!!! 




5. Becca Fitzpatrick
"Hush hush" - 3.25*
I enjoyed this book! I hadn't read a paranormal fantasy-romance in ages and at the point I read it that was what I needed! I will continue with this series for sure! 





6. Neil Gaiman
"Norse Mythology" - 4*
I haven't read any other books by Neil Gaiman but I really want to! I haven't posted a review about Norse Mythology but it's coming next month, as it is a book you would mostly enjoy before Christmas!






7. Anthony Doerr
"All The Light We Cannot See" -  5*
Such a beautiful book. So well-written! He will for sure be on my radar for any future releases!
Review also coming soon!







That's all for now!!! Stay tuned for part 2!
See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

  1. I didn't know them, thanks for sharing! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!!!! And you can leave a comment with the ones you discovered this year!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)