Winter Anticipated Reads!



Well hello everyone!
Today I am going to change things up a little bit! Since my most anticipated reads of 2019 is coming soon! (my favorite kind of posts!!!), I will not talk about the books that are coming out in January or February 2019 in this post! But I will talk about some excited December releases and books I own and I want to read during winter! Let's start!

First of all... December new releases!!!


1. Queen Of Air And Darkness by Cassandra Clare

I was waiting so patiently for this book to come out!Finally my copy arrived yesterday and the first edition have a cool poster and amazing illustrations here and there!!! I am currently re-reading Lord Of Shadows right now and still I am not ready for that ending!!! I don't think I will read it this month but I will read it in January for sure!!!!! And that cover.... WOW!!!! Probably my favorite cover ever!!!!!

2. Verity by Colleen Hoover

Every book I read by her got me obsessed! To be honest I haven't caught up with her latest two releases but I always read one of her books during February, the month of love!!! 





And next let's move on to other winter reads!

3. Winter by Marissa Meyer
I have been saving this book to read it this specific time! Thinking about it, most of her books were my first reads of each year so it's only appropriate to read it in January! (But after Queen of Air and Darkness though!) This is the forth and last book in The Lunar Chronicles series! I love that series and I have been reading only one book per year to make it last longer if that makes any sense!



4. Deception Point by Dan Brown
This is the ONLY book by Dan Brown that I haven't read yet! And since there are no news for any upcoming novel of his, I decided to read the last unread book by him that I have! He usually writes a book every 3 or 4 years so I will probably have to wait a bit more for his next one...! So, Deception Point takes place in the Arctic! Well, if that isn't a winter-y enough book, I don't know which is!!! Hahaha!!



5. Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch
The third and final book to the Snow Like Ashes series. Seriously, this series is quite good and I don't know why this isn't more popular!!! Sara Raasch is also the writer of another on-going series called Stream Raiders and the first book of that series (These Rebel Waves) is already out and I want to read it!!! And of course I would keep it for winter time... Well, Frost in the title... Winter Queen... that was pretty obvious!


6. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
Well, that cover is also blue and matches the above, but also this is the 10th book in the Plantagenet and Tudor Novels (No, you don't have to read them in order!). Recently I learned that The Other Boleyn Girl is narrated by the amazing Vanessa Kirby (Princess Margaret from the first two seasons of The Crown!) and I was so frustrated that I hadn't heard about that when I was reading this book!!! AAAAH! One of my bookish goals for 2018 was to read all 15 novels of that series. I had read the first five before 2018 and I only read  four more this year instead of the remaining 10! However, I don't feel as a loser because that means that I have another year that I can read Philippa Gregory's books, which I always love and enjoy! 
P.S. I can't wait for The Constant Princess and The King's Curse tv adaptation, hopefully in 2019!! It is going to be called The Spanish Princess with Charlotte Hope as Princess Katherine. 

7. Shadow Of Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Another blue book! I want to indulge in Leigh Bardugo's world at last! Everyone keeps talking about her books and I haven't read any! But that is going to change! Oh yes!





8. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
The first book in The Cosmere Series! It is also time that I will start another bookish project in 2019 and that is to read as much more books as I can by Brandon Sanderson! I decided to start with Elantris as this is the first book he wrote in the series, and continue with the Mistborn trilogy!





9.Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
10. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them



Those last two, you probably already know that I will read this month from my previous post, but who doesn't need a bit of magic during the holidays! I am currently re-reading Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone and I am LOVING IT!!! My brothers and father also joined for a Harry Potter read-along and we plan to see the movies later this month, which makes it an even more awesome experience!

So, that's all the books I want to read during winter! Along with some exciting 2019 releases that are coming in a near future post! 
Wish me luck!!! 

See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)