Origin by Dan Brown - book review


This is another exciting book review I wanted to share with you!
I read this book in December and finished it in the first days of January, so it is the first book I read for 2018! It is the 5th book in the Robert Langdon book series by Dan Brown. Each book can be read separately so feel free to keep reading this spoiler-free review!


I have read the previous 4 books in this series but Origin is the only one that I talk about here, since I didn't have my blog back then!

Robert Langdon is a Harvard professor of symbology and religious iconology, and let me tell you that throughout this series, weird things keep happening to him! In this book, he visits the Guggenheim Museum of Bilbao in Spain.

Bilbao

His old friend, Edmond Kirsch, is a host to an event that plans to unveil the truth behind the ultimate questions:

Where do we come from?

What are we?

Where are we going?

But, things don't go as planned. Edmond is being assassinated before his grand revelation and Langdon has to solve the mystery of his killer and what exactly his friend had discovered. In order to solve this mystery he has to travel in different cities of Spain, along with the beautiful museum's director, Ambra Vidal, who worked with Edmond for this event and also happens to be Prince of Spain's fiancee. Like, WHAAAT?

Barcelona
As I love Spain, I really enjoyed the fact that we had to explore his country and learn more especially about art and architecture. It made me do some research on my own and now I want to travel there so much!

As you would expect, this book is full of adventure, full of mystery and full of real stuff that the author researched while reading this book!!!! Pretty magnificent, right??? It is obvious how hard the author worked for this novel and that is also why he publishes a book every two to three years! I believe we won't have to wait till 2020 for a next book, but even if we do, it will be totally worth it! I am sure of it!!

I rated this book with 5 stars!


Some of my favorite quotes:

“Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. —WINSTON CHURCHILL” 

“Love is a private thing. The world does not need to know.” 

“Sometimes, all you have to do is shift your perspective to see someone else’s truth.” 

“...it is in hearing the voice of the devil that we can better appreciate the voice of god.”

“For the human brain,” Edmond explained, “any answer is better than no answer. We feel enormous discomfort when faced with ‘insufficient data,’ and so our brains invent the data—offering us, at the very least, the illusion of order—creating myriad philosophies, mythologies, and religions to reassure us that there is indeed an order and structure to the unseen world.” 

“To permit ignorance is to empower it.” 

“Well, science and religion are not competitors, they’re two different languages trying to tell the same story. There’s room in this world for both.” 

“And history has proven repeatedly that lunatics will rise to power again and again on tidal waves of aggressive nationalism and intolerance, even in places where it seems utterly incomprehensible.” 

“Robert,” Ambra whispered, “just remember the wise words of Disney’s Princess Elsa.”
Langdon turned. “I’m sorry?”
Ambra smiled softly. “Let it go.”


Make sure to also check out my review of Digital Fortress also by Dan Brown.

Thank you all for reading it!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

  1. I want to read Dan Brown's new book so much but my reading list is so long, that when this one will be the next to read it will not be new. 😂 Well, great post, I want to read it more and more now. I have read only Inferno and the DaVinci Code by the same writer.
    Well, my blog is right here, if you want to visit it: it is about books, movies, series, DIYs and stuff...
    www.pasa-tempo2017.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh?! I saw it right now! Are you Greek? I am too, but I live in Thessaloniki!

      Delete
    2. E τότε να το διαβάσεις!!! Θα σου αρέσει!!!
      Χαχαχ ναι Ελληνίδα είμαι! Αθήνα εγώ!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE APPLE PRODUCTS
    Great article. Vey good and nice it is vritten.
    Keep up the good work.
    http://bit.ly/ttttttsdf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)