Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas - book review



This is a book review I was really anticipating to write and share my thoughts and feelings with you! TOWER OF DAWN!!! AWWWW!!!!! One of the best books I read in 2017! Wanna know which place it got in my top 5? Visit my post here! 😉 This is a novella in the Throne of Glass series that actually turned into a whole book, and I couldn't be more excited about that! If you are not familiar with this series what have you been doing all these years??? For real!!! Read my spoiler-free review of Throne Of Glass and get lost in the amazing world Sarah J. Maas has created!


This is actually the sixth  book in the series that happens at the same time as Empire of Storms. It follows Chaol and Nesryn in their travels to the far land of healers in order to heal Chaol and find allies for the war ahead. But also.... so much more happens!!!

This book was my favorite in the series! I really love it! SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! Since Chaol has been my favorite character in the TOG world, I've been waiting two years to read about him! Fangirl....!😍

First of all... New World! Antica!



I loved this world! It was new and exotic! It reminded me of the United Arabic Emirates in style! I loved that we got to meet Nesryn's land and learn more about this part of the world! It is so much different from Erilea that we got used to till now!

New characters!


source


We got to meet a bunch of new characters! Of course, after Chaol, (dah!) my other favorite character is Yrene Towers!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 Since I am actually a nurse (aka a healer for those lands-hahah) I got so close to that character.... and loved all the facts about her! AAAHHH!!! I wanna say so more but I can't!!! The struggle is real!!! Please leave me a comment down below if you have read this series!!! I wanna talk spoilery so much!!! Yrene is a healer we have already met in Assassin's Blade! It is unique how it all got together!!! She is so determined to become a healer and help her homeland in the upcoming war!

Another amazing character is prince Sartaq!!! Aaaww!!! He is so strong yet so cute!!! 

All relationships in this novel are amazing! Sarah J. Maas is an expert!!!!! #goals!!

Amazing plot!

This novel got things right for me!!! All the issues I had in the past are now resolved! Pure delight!!!!! I highly recommend you start this series guys!!! 

One more 5 star rated book!




Some of my favorite quotes:

Using the chair is not a punishment. It is not a prison,' he said softly. 'It never was. And I am as much of a man in that chair, or with that cane, as I am standing on my feet.' 

“Sartaq chuckled. “I did. But I also told him that the woman I love now plans to head into war. And I intend to follow her.”

“The heart he’d offered and had been left to drop on the wooden planks of the river docks. An assassin who had sailed away and a queen who had returned.” 

“He didn't understand-how she could be so delicate, so small, when she had overturned his life entirely. Worked miracles with those hands and that soul, this woman who had crossed mountains and seas.”

“Don’t you waste one heartbeat being afraid of a coward who hunts women in the darkness,” Chaol snapped at her.”

“We don't look back. It helps no one and nothing to look back.”

“I once lived in fear of other people. I let other people walk all over me just because I was too afraid of the consequences for refusing. I did not know how to refuse.” 

“Everything hurts.” Falkan grimaced, rubbing at his leg. “Remind me never to do anything heroic again.”

“You would be surprised by how closely the healing of physical wounds is tied to the healing of emotional ones.” 

“Every step. Every curve into darkness. Every moment of despair and rage and pain. It had led him to precisely where he needed to be. Where he wanted to be.” 

and so many many more!!!



If you are interested in more books by Sarah J. Maas you could also read her series A Court of Thorns and Roses! Read about the first book of the trilogy here!








That's all for now!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)