Voyager by Diana Gabaldon - book review



Hello guys!  I had promised this review was coming today! Let's talk about Voyager! The third book in the Outlander book series by Diana Gabaldon, which also corresponds to season 3 of the famous tv series Outlander on starz! I am a big fan of this tv show and of course I am currently watching season 4! Also check out my review for Outlander and Dragonfly In Amber!


It is one of those series that the tv adaptation is equally amazing as the book and I prefer watching the show first and then making a revision by reading the book before the premiere of a new season!

*This review contains spoilers of the first two books (or seasons on tv) so proceed accordingly! 

 - Voyager -

Well, we already knew that Jamie is alive in his time and has survived the battle of Culloden. Roger, has helped Claire to find out the truth and now Claire has to decide whether or not she will go back to find him! Well, since there are more books to the series, it is not a spoiler than she does go back in time to find Jamie!! But their adventure is not over yet!



I loved how we got to see what happened to Jamie after Culloden. I was in so much pain for him too! And all those flashbacks with Claire and Frank. Oh, poor Frank. You know what? I don't blame him for acting the way he did. It must have been a torture living with a woman that lives two hundreds year in the past and in love with a ghost...

Oh I enjoyed this soooo much! It may took me more than a month to read it but it definitely worth the time!!!! I think I enjoyed it more than the second book! So many beautiful scenes and so many revelations and angst! Even though I had watched the tv series and knew everything that was about to happen , I still enjoyed it to the fullest and had an amazing reading experience! There are so many funny scenes and so many scenes full of emotion!!!!! Especially towards the end.... all the chills!!

I also got to love Bree and Roger and I can't wait to get to know them better in the next books! 

Don't be intimidated by its huge size! This series is so well written that you won't get bored! 

I am currently watching the tv series as well Season 4 is already out! And I can't wait to see what will happen! So....you know that in fall 2019 I am reading Drums of Autumn! (just before season 5 on tv)

I rated this book with 5 stars! - obviously!



Some of my favorite quotes:

"Frank was right, in a way, though. It isn't necessary easier if you know what it is you're meant to do - but at least you don't waste time in questioning or doubting. If you're honest - well, that isn't necessarily easier, either. Though I suppose if you're honest with yourself and know what you are, at least you're less likely to feel that you've wasted your life, doing the wrong thing."

"Frank," I said softly, to the unsettled, icy air, "if you're still close enough to hear me - I did love you. Once. I did."

“He gave you to me," she said, so low I could hardly hear her. "Now I have to give you back to him, Mama.”

"You're coming back. I don't know when, but I know you'll come back."

“It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach”

"Choose a man like your father. Either of them. Once you've chosen a man, don't try to change him. It can't be done. More important - don't let him try to change you. He can't do it either, but men always try."

"Only you," he said , so softly I could barely hear him. " To worship ye with my body, give ye all the service of my hands. To give ye my name, and all my heart and soul with it. Only you. Because ye will not let me lie - and yet ye love me."

“Do you know,' he said again softly, addressing his hands, 'what it is to love someone, and never - never! - be able to give them peace, or joy, or happiness?'
He looked up then, eyes filled with pain. 'To know that you cannot give them happiness, not through any fault of yours or theirs, but only because you were not born the right person for them?”

"If everyone can do it, it's science. If only a few can, then it's witchcraft, or superstition, or whatever you like to call it." she said. "But it's real."

"Faith is as powerful a force as science," he concluded, voice soft in the darkness, " - but far more dangerous."

"And know that you are more to me than life, and I have no regret."

Well, I would go on forever but I believe you got how much I loved it!




Also check this book on Goodreads:

Their passionate encounter happened long ago by whatever measurement Claire Randall took. Two decades before, she had traveled back in time and into the arms of a gallant eighteenth-century Scot named Jamie Fraser. Then she returned to her own century to bear his child, believing him dead in the tragic battle of Culloden. Yet his memory has never lessened its hold on her... and her body still cries out for him in her dreams.Then Claire discovers that Jamie survived. Torn between returning to him and staying with their daughter in her own era, Claire must choose her destiny. And as time and space come full circle, she must find the courage to face the passion and pain awaiting her...the deadly intrigues raging in a divided Scotland... and the daring voyage into the dark unknown that can reunite or forever doom her timeless love.


See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)