2018 Book Haul No3!



In this series of blog posts, I talk about 5 books that I bought this year and I talk a bit about them! Make sure to visit part 1 and part 2 as well!


Re-visiting my previous posts I haven't read any more of those because I mostly read books I bought later this year...!!! Ooops! I have read 4 out of the 5 books that I will talk below!

Moving on with books no 11-15!

11. A Court Of Frost And Starlight by Sarah J. Maas



A novella following the third book in the series "A Court Of Thorns And Roses". One of the books that I anticipated this year, even though I was a bit disappointed that it was that short! I enjoyed it so very much though, and you can also check my rating and review here!

12. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard



The finale to the Red Queen series! I have posted a review here if you want to learn more but in general I enjoyed it, but not as much as the other fantasy series I am currently reading! It's one of those series that you like but you will not miss that much since it's over.

13. The Castle in the Pyrenees by Jostein Gaarder



As a kid I had read two of his books and loved them (Sophie's World and The Solitaire Mystery). So, when this book appeared in front on me at a bookstore and was also on sale.... I couldn't resist!
This is the only book that I haven't read yet out of the 5 in this list and that's because it is rather short, only 288 pages, and so I've been saving it for a readathon or for reading it between two huge books... Does anyone else do the same?????

14. Bright Smoke Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge



After reading and getting OBSESSED with Cruel Beauty and Gilded Ashes I wanted to check out this new series by Rosamund Hodge. Oh, I had so huge expectations of this book and I was sad that this book wasn't like her previous works... I haven't posted a review yet but I will do for sure because I want to talk more about it there! However, I will certainly read the second book in the series, cause your girl is still curious! Hahaha!!!

15. The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead



My last post talks about this book and the whole Glittering Court trilogy so click here! I WILL miss these characters though! I loved the concept of three books taking part in the same timeline but following different characters! If you like that concept too, you'll also enjoy The Cousin's War novels by Philippa Gregory!


That's all for now! Stay tuned for part 4 as I have many more books to show you!
See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)