Hello November! October wrap up and favorites and November TBR!



Happy November guys! What are you all doing? October has been a GREAT reading month for me! The best of the year so far!!!

- October Wrap Up - 



I read six books this month which is the most I have read in a month for years! Hahahah!! Well, I was sick during the first week of October which made me stay in bed and read all day long...hahaha!!Those are:
1. Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas - 3*
2. Dracula by Bram Stoker - 3*
3. Book of Deacon by Joseph R. Lallo - 2*
4. The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead - 4*
5. Empire of Storms (re-read) by Sarah J. Maas - 5*
6. City Of Brass by S. A. Chakraborty - 4.75*

- October Favorites - 

1. BOOK



As you may have noticed, not all books I read this month were great enough! However, as for the book of the month I will not choose Empire Of Storms, even though I LOVE it!But, I will choose City Of Brass. I didn't want to rate it with 5 stars, the same as Empire Of Storms, but I still think about it ALL THE TIME!!! I find myself calling for Dara and I want the sequel NOW! Thankfully, I only have to wait a few months as Kingdom Of Copper comes out January 2019. I read it as an eBook from Kindle and at the same time I was listening to the audio-book! I wouldn't be able to pronounce half of the names right without it! I will post my spoiler-free book review soon so stay tuned for that!!!

2. MOVIE



This month I watched only one movie on theaters and that was Venom with my favorite Tom Hardy. I enjoyed it pretty much, as I held pretty low expectations to be honest. I knew next to nothing about Venom and never expected to have a movie on his own.

3.TV SERIES



I started some new TV series this month.The first two are new and those are Charmed and A Discovery of Witches. I was a bit disappointed about Charmed as I really can't forget how awesome the original series was. As far as the second series, I really like A Discovery Of Witches! The scenery is AMAZING! Plus, it made want to read the books as well!
However, the series I was most obsessed this month was DARK, a Netflix series (German production). Those who liked Strange Things will also like this one!! It is about a village in German when kids disappear every 33 years and strange things are happening! I won't say much because I would spoil you but you should watch it!

4. HAUL
I bought an amazing fake-leather jacket and some really cool clothes this month! Make sure to follow my personal account on Instagram @joan.ts as i will feature them soon!
Also, I bought some really anticipated reads I wanted! First of all, Kingdom Of Ash arrived on my doorstep yesterday! FINALLY!!!! My most anticipated read of 2018! (Well, along with Queen of Air And Darkness they are the no1) And second of all, I finally also bought the Grisha Trilogy Novels in a Beautiful box set! If you follow me on my bookstagram account on Instagram @booksreadbyjoan you already have seen them!

5.APP
I finally subscribed to my first book-related service! SCRIBD!!! I am currently on the 30-day trial but I think I am going to keep it as it has unlimited access to both eBooks and audio-books!!!

- November TBR - 



As of my November TBR it is quite ambitious as it contains huge books, but I hope to make it happen! 
1. Kingdom Of Ash by Sarah J. Maas - The finale to the Throne of Glass series. I am currently reading it-started it yesterday the moment I got it in my hands! I am so afraid of this book! I know it will break me...!!
2. A Darker Shade Of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I am also currently reading it in eBook (finally!!!!). My first book by this author!!! I now understand all that hype about this series and her books in general! I am almost half-way through and I've been loving it!
3.Lady Midnight
4.Lord of Shadows
Those will be re-reads. I hope to read them so that I will be ready for the finale of that series in December! I am also thinking to check out the audio-books for these two!
5. No 5 is a greek historical fiction book that got released in October and hasn't been translated in english but for my greek readers it is called Οι Κύκνοι Το Φθινόπωρο. 


See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)