My year in Goodreads, my top 10 books for 2016 and my bookish goals for 2017!


Wow! That was a long title...!!! 🙈
So... 2016 was a good reading year for me! I didn't manage to complete my goodreads reading challenge but I read some amazing books! 36 to be exact! Which was 16 more books than 2015! That's success for me!!! As I marathoned many books written by Cassandra Clare and Sarah J. Maas, don't be surprised if the majority of my top 10 consists of their books!! 


This list is created based on the books I read this year and not necessarily published in 2016. You can find all the books that I've read this year in My year in books.




*Warning: 
Be ready to hear (or read!) the world love pretty often!!! 🙈🙉🙊


No. 10 - The 5th wave


The first book of The 5th Wave trilogy by Rick Yancey. I read this book and I really liked it! I rarely read Sci-fi books but this one was really good. I also read The Infinite Sea but I haven't read The Last Star yet. I definitely want to see how the story sums up and what is really going on! So... no spoilers please!

I also enjoyed the movie too, so I am really interested in the next films as well.

Review here.



No. 9 - Welcome to the Shadowhunter Academy


These are 10 short stories in the shadowhunters' world written by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan. I read and reviewed all 10 stories that make this book in two parts. I read it exactly after reading City Of Heavenly Fire. I didn't want to let my favorite characters go away just yet! I loved how it combined stories from all our known characters from both The Mortal Instrument and The Infernal Devices series and how we were introduced to new characters from The Dark Artifices and The Last Hours series. I hope Chain of Thorns (The Last Hours #1) will be released in 2017 even though it is said to be published in 2018.
My favorite stories of Welcome to the Shadowhunter Academy were:
* The Whitechapel Fiend.
*Nothing But Shadows.
*Angels Twice Descending.

Review here (part 1) and here (part 2).


No. 8 - City of Heavenly Fire

This is the last book in The Mortal Instrument series. It left me with a huge hangover!!! That bitter-sweet feeling you have when you reach the end of the story... I loved this series and I will keep supporting the tv series as well! It may not be the same but I like hanging out with Jace and Clary and Simon and Izzy again!
It was also the longest book I read this year!

Review here.





No. 7 -The White Princess


This is the 5th book in The Cousins' War series or The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels as renamed later, by Philippa Gregory. Let me tell you that I love all of her books that I've read so far and probably she will appear each year in my top 10 list!! She made me love historical fiction and her writing style is so captivating!!
I can't wait for the tv series adaptation of this book! They made an incredible work with The White Queen series and I have really high expectations!!


Review here.


No. 6 - Destined for Doon


This is the second book of the Doon series written by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon! I read and loved the whole series but the second book is slightly my favorite! Scottish landscapes, lost kingdoms, an evil witch and two princes!! This series has it all! Mackenna and Duncan were my favorite couple and I loved each and every page of this book!!!

Review here.



No. 5 - Scarlet


This year I started reading The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I read the first two and loved the story, the main characters and the fairy tale elements! I plan on reading the rest of the series in 2017 and I will definitely check Heartless by the same author as I already own it and I love Marissa Meyer's writing style. 

Review here.





No. 4 - Empire Of Storms

Enough said! Hahaha!!!
This is the 5th and second to last book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas! And OMG!! This series went sooo far from the original story! I love love love this series and this author sooo much! To be honest, I read the last four books of this series this year and they should all  be a part of this list, but it would be really predictable that way! So I chose Empire of Storms,
even though my favorite character Chaol is not around in this book!!
I literally can't wait for the next novel but it makes me sad and anxious that it's going to be the last one!
Chaol... I am patiently waiting for you!!! 😍 
Review here.


No. 3 -The Assassin's Blade

OMG!!!!! THIS BOOK!!!
SO MANY FEELINGS!!!
This is a prequel to Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas.
These last three books in this list completely blown my mind!!! Even though I knew what was about to happen in this novel as it is a prequel, still... my heart broke into tiny pieces!!!! I loved meeting young Celaena and Sam and I totally recommend to read this ASAP!!!!! 
Review here.



No. 2 - Lady Midnight


I will never get tired of this world! Cassandra Clare knows how to get to my heart! Amazing cast of characters (old and new) and huge turn of events! A must read for sure! Can't wait for the sequel!
Review here.




AND
NUMBER ONE IS....
YOU HAVE DEFINITELY GUESSED BY NOW
!!!





A Court Of Mist And Fury!!

I first read this year A Court Of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and thought; wow! This is definitely going to be the best book I read in 2016... But then I read A Court Of Mist And Fury and I was mindblown!!!! AGAIN!!! The plot, the characters, the world.... AMAZING!!!! I wish I could time travel to the future only to read the next one! GO READ IT ASAP!!! It was also the highest rated book on Goodreads that I read this year so if you didn't believe me you 've got to believe everyone else!!! Right?? 😆
Review here.



I was so lucky to read all these amazing books this year!
During 2016 I read 6 books that were released in 2016 and 6 books by authors I hadn't read any of their books! So, for 2017 I plan on setting a new record on both new releases and new authors! I also plan to read 40 books but I am not sure if this is going to happen this year! Let's hope for the best!

I wish everyone a happy bookish year!! And don't be afraid to chase your goals!!!

See you soon!
xoxo Joan! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)