Anticipated Winter Releases Jan - Feb 2017


For those who want to catch up with all new books coming out (or have already came out) this month as well as next month keep reading!!
It is sure that there are many amazing books being published during this winter but I created a top 5 list for each month. This is a list based on my personal interests so feel free to share your own personal anticipated reads! I wish I had the time to read each and every one of them but most probably I won't... So many books so little time! But if you want a review for a specific one just tell the word! 

January top 5:

No 5. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth (17th Jan)

I read Divergent by Veronica Roth and loved it and I also read Insurgent and didn't love it as much. I haven't read Allegiant yet because I heard that it's even worse than Insurgent and I am also the worst in finishing series! (Please don't spoil me as I have managed to stay ignorant of what happens in the end!) So... when I saw she wrote a new book I was a little sceptical! I've heard some mixed reviews about this one so  I am going to wait a bit more before reading it!



No 4. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden (10th Jan)

Well, come on! Fantasy combined with historical-fiction and Russian landscape! Do you need anything more? It is the ultimate winter read especially if you live in a snowy environment! I have only heard nice things about this book and I would really love to check Katherine Arden's writing style. Plus... isn't that cover ah-mazing?





No 3. Wires and Nerve Vol 1 by Marissa Meyer (31st Jan)

This is Marissa Meyer's first graphic novel, illustrated by Douglas Holgate. It follows Iko, the lovely android from The Lunar Chronicles series so I am sure it is going to be an amazing story! I rarely read graphic novels, not because I don't like them - I love them actually - but because they tend to be expensive! Nevertheless, I want this one right now!!!!





No 2. Windwitch by Susan Dennard (10th Jan)

The second book in The Witchland book series. Weeeeell.... I haven't even read the first one BUT I plan on reading both of them this month! I heard some amazing things and I love magic in books so let's do this! Plus... I haven't read any other book by Susan Dennard and I know that they are close friends to my favorite author Sarah J. Maas, so there is no way I will be disappointed!






No. 1 Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (3rd Jan)

I read Passenger last year and really enjoyed it, so I am definitely reading Wayfarer too! I really want to see how the story sums up and finish this series as it is a duology! 








February top 5:


No 5. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (28th Feb)

I rarely read young adult contemporary novels but I heard so amazing things about this book that I was intrigued! It is said to cover some important issues in everyday's life and it already has almost 5/5 stars reviews on Goodreads! 







No 4. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza (7th Feb)

I am being honest. I firstly loved the cover and then decided to read the summary! I also noticed that Adam Silvera read and loved it so who needs more?
















No 3. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab (21st Feb)

This is one of the series I am embarrassed I haven't read! Everyone seems to love it and I know I would too!! The third and last book comes out in just a few weeks and I am feeling sad that I missed that train! 







No 2. Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman (7th Feb)

I love mythology! I am from Greece so I grew up reading everything about greek mythology! I would love to read about norse too, as I am excited to learn more about Odin, Thor and Loki. Anyone a Vikings fan too?








No 1. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard (7th feb)

This is the third and last book in the Red Queen series. I read the first one - really liked it. I then read the second one - muh. So I just hope for a nice finale and to actually see how the story ends. 
*Please be better than the second one.*







See you soon!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)