Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard book review!

Glass Sword is the second book to the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard! Keep reading if you have already read Red Queen!
With the third book - King's Cage - coming out next month, it was the perfect timing reading the second one this month. 
It starts exactly where Red Queen left off. Mare and Cal have escaped and they are hiding from Haven, Mare's plan is to now track down the Newbloods and train them for the war coming ahead.


Being honest, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first one but it was a nice read nevertheless. The plot was ok but I couldn't connect to the main characters as much as in Red Queen. I mean, reading it I was "Mare what's wrong with you?". I found her to have changed completely... and I get it... she was betrayed and really hurt. The point is she is acting the exact same way to the people near her. And when she thought like this :
"It isn't hard to let people die when their deaths gives life to something else" 
I was like WHAT? WHAAAAAT? Of course it's hard.... I bet she wouldn't agree either if Cal's life was at stake that moment...

Cal on the other hand, even if his whole world has changed completely, he remains the same strong character with wisdom and purpose. And Farley, I respect her so much! I didn't like her that much in Red Queen but she definitely earned my trust in this novel.

However, I am more than excited to see how the story wraps up in the third novel and finally see who will become the King or Queen of Norta and what will happen between the Reds, the Silvers and the Newbloods!

I gave this book 3 out of five stars!

Some of my favorite quotes:

“If I am a sword, I am a sword made of glass, and I feel myself beginning to shatter.” 

“No one is born evil, just like no one is born alone. They become that way, through choice and circumstance.”

“Kneel or bleed.”

“We seem weak because we want to.” 

“No one is born a monster. But I wish some people were. It would make it easier to hate them, to kill them, to forget their dead faces.”

What do you think? Leave a comment below with your own thoughts!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)