It ends with us by Colleen Hoover book review!


Back in November 2015, I read November 9 by Colleen Hoover which made fall in love with her writing style as I really loved it!
This year I finally got to read another one of her books! "It ends with us" was also voted as the best romance book for 2016 in Goodreads Awards. So, continue reading for a spoiler-free review!
It ends with us...
This book... OMG!! I read it without really reading the synopsis in the back of the book before starting it and I was completely ignorant what it was about! 

The story follows Lily as she tries to start her life in Boston, away from her past. The storyline follows her new relationship with Ryle, a neurosurgeon, and in the same time we get to read about her past and her relationship with her parents and Atlas, her first love, through the journals she used to write.

This book talks about some really serious and sensitive matters like domestic violence and being homeless. It is a really emotional read! It has many scenes that made me laugh out loud on my own, like I was a crazy person and scenes where I was sooo anxious or/and angry or/and I wanted to cry and literally it made me feel EVERYTHING!!! So many feelings!!! 
Lily is an amazing main character. We could totally be best friends! And Ryle and Atlas are so well written too! 

Reading this book was a unique experience! It won't take you more than 2 days as her writing style is sooooo captivating that you won't be able to leave it. Even after reading it, this book really stayed in my heart and on my mind! It's one of those books that should come with the warning : Don't start reading it at night!

The note from the author in the ending was as wonderful too and really emotional 

The story of this book could be an amazing movie!!!! 
*fingers crossed*
Please make it into a movie!!!!😅😋😆😁 The author has announced that it will be made into a play but I would prefer a movie as I don't live in the US!

I rated this book with 5 stars obviously!

Some of my favorite quotes:

“There is no such thing as bad people. We’re all just people who sometimes do bad things.” 

“All humans make mistakes. What determines a person's character aren't the mistakes we make. It's how we take those mistakes and turn them into lessons rather than excuses.”

“He pulls back to look down at me and when he sees my tears, he brings his hands up to my cheeks. “In the future... if by some miracle you ever find yourself in the position to fall in love again... fall in love with me.”

"Maybe love isn't something that comes full circle. It just ebbs and flows, in and out, just like the people in our lives."

“It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.”

Also by Colleen Hoover:










I recommend this book to everyone... really! 😉
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)