December favs and wrap up + January TBR!


Better late than never.... Am I right?
Let's do this!!!



My December wrap up consisted only of two books.
Those were:
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - the illustrated edition, which is AMAZING by the way! 5* obviously!!!
2. Love Her Wild by Atticus poetry. My first poetry book that also made it to the top ten of 2018! To see the rest just visit my post here! Also a 5* read!

Now... My December favorites!

1. BOOK
Well... it had to be Harry Potter! I hadn't re-read the books for ages and I loved that I was actually buddy-reading this with my family over the holidays!



2. CHRISTMAS!
It's the most wonderful time of the year for sure!!!!! My favorite holidays of all!!! All those lights, the beautiful decoration, the carols, the loving, cozy atmosphere!!!! I love December so much!!! Especially spending time with family and friends that you don't get to see that often is the best!!!


3. MOVIE
I watched a lot Netflix Christmas movies but my favorite was the Princess Switch. Yes, it was cheesy and predictable but was exactly what I wanted! I also re-watched some Harry Potter movies... of course!



4. FOOD
Traditional Christmas Greek sweets may not be the healthiest but I always enjoy them during December!! ...Guilty!

5.SHOPPING
Buying gifts for my family is something I really enjoy every year! P.S. I received beautiful gifts too!!! Like my ACDC vinyl!


Moving on to my January TBR list!
As it is Janury 21st I have already finished two books that I carried from December:
1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - the illustrated edition
2. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare which was also a re-read.
Also,
3. I have already finished reading Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch, the concluding novel to the Snow Like Ashes trilogy. I decided to read this due to the winter-y vibe!!

And my goal is to finish the other books that I am currently reading which are:
4.Deception point by Dan Brown (Also a winter-y read! Or so it seems from the cover!!!)
5. A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab. I don't know why this is taking so long, even though I really enjoy it! 
6. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - I decided to re-read the whole series to get ready for the third book that comes out in February. Bloodwitch I am patiently waiting for you!!!
7. City Of Ghosts by V. E. Schwab too! I am listening to the audio-book as I wanted to read it for soooo long!

Notes:

  • I won't be reading Queen of Air and Darkness in January as I wanted to save it for later! But I think I will read it in February...!
  • I know that many great releases are coming out this month and I have already ordered Circle Of Shadows by Evelyn Skye as well as Kingdom of Copper by S. A. Chakraborty. However my copies won't arrive soon enough to read them this month! Soooo... in February too!



That's all for now!!! See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!

*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)