Happy 1st day of spring! And my top 5 favorite book covers!


Hey guys! Today is the official first day of spring!!!
               🌷🌸🌹🌱🌼🌻🌺🍄🍀🌳🌴 
Finally days are getting longer and warmer!! 🌞
Today I would like to share with you 5 of my favorite book covers from books that I own! (Obviously there are more than 5, but this post would be endless otherwise!)


There is not a particular order in this list!

No1. The White Queen by Philippa Gregory


This cover is from the tv series. I loved this series soooo much that it made me read the books as well! One of the best book to series adaptations ever!!! It is a historical fiction novel following the life of Elizabeth Woodville, who also became Queen of England. Philippa Gregory is one of my favorite authors! She writes is such a beautiful way that it is impossible to put down her books before you reach the last page. If you haven't already, this is the perfect time to catch up with this series as  The White Princess (which is a sequel that follows Elizabeth Woodville's daughter; Elizabeth of York) airs next month! I have really high expectations as I have also loved the book and I know that Philippa Gregory is always present when her books are transferred to the screen, which promises a great cast and production! Catelyn Stark from Game of Thrones is also part of the new cast playing King Henry's mother.































No2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh



This cover is stunning! I prefer it 100% comparing to the original cover that was first published. Unfortunately I haven't read that book yet but from what I know it is a retelling of The Thousand and One Nights. I remember watching the movie when I was a kid and really loved it so I would love to read a retelling! 

No3. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston



Same thing happened here! And I haven't read that book either! However as nights get warmer too, I am really inspired to read these last books! It must be really like reading a fairytale! Isn't that cover amazing???? This is the hard cover edition which also looks great naked.

No4. Shades of Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon 



You probably already know that I love Scotland and castles!!! And a book cover portraying a mythical kingdom in Scotland? YES PLEASE!!!! 🙌🙌🙌 This is the third book in the Doon series, so read my review for Doon in case you want to learn more about this series!

No5. Soundless by Richelle Mead



This is maybe the only stand alone fantasy book that I have read! If I'm right this book takes place in ancient China and I love chinese folklore! The cover portrays the main character so well! I think that Richelle Mead's books usually don't have quite nice covers but this one is the best in my opinion. 

Have you read any of these books? 
If you have also written a post like this share your link so that I can also read about your favorite covers or just share them in the comments below!!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

  1. I've read the Wrath and the Dawn and I really enjoyed it! It is a retelling of a Thousand and One Nights, but it has a special touch to it ;)
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)