Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


This was the best book I read for the month of February! I really feel bad that this book was sitting on my shelf for almost a year before I decided to read it last month, in order to get ready for the sequel... THAT much I loved it! This is the first book of a duology, the second being published May 16th. I have heard some rumors about June...but I really want to believe it will come out in May!!!





Ok... let's take the things from the beginning! But first, isn't this cover amazing???😍
Our story is set in Russia, in the early 19th century. The tsar has to face the enemies of his empire and thus initiates the Crown's Game! The two enchanters have to show their skills and fight to the death, in order to become the one and only Imperial Enchanter of Russia and advisor to the tsar and also gain access to great magical power.
Nikolai and Vika are training their whole lives for this place but Nikolai being friends with the tsar's son, Pasha, and Pasha himself falling in love with Nikolai... well, things are getting pretty interesting to say the least! 😉😊😍😲😱😜😝





The world is beautiful! Well, I really love Russian culture and history and I believe that after reading a ton of books taking  place in the US, it was really good reading something...new to me! I was really surprised reading about my parents hometown (Messolonghi, in Greece) in a paragraph of this book! I believe the most correct form is Messolonghi and not Missolonghi as it is mostly known but it's ok! Also, the magic system unique. I loved that you could manifest your power in whatever form you practised best! Both main characters are well written and developed and I enjoyed every minute reading this book!
I was astonished to read that this was Evelyn's debut novel!!!! It was amazing! Her writing style is captivating! I think I read this book in only two days!!! She has such a great humor! I laughed out loud countless times while reading!!!!

I would love to see this book transferred into the big screen!!!! It would make an excellent movie!








Without further ado, I rated this book with 5 huge stars! 


Some of my favorite quotes:


“Unless a convention of anarchists visited the library yesterday, most books ought to be in their rightful places.” 

"Thinking can be a perilous sport."

"If I think highly of myself, it's because it's well deserved."

“Imagine, and it shall be.
There are no limits.⁠⁠⁠⁠” 


I totally recommend this book to both fantasy and historical fiction lovers!
Warning: HUGE CLIFFHANGER!!!! You'll want the sequel ASAP! 
Warning no2: Don't start this book late at night!!! 😉
Layers of blue in Messolonghi
See you soon! 
xoxo Joan!!!

Comments

  1. Awesome review! I love the pictures. I am so jealous of you that you got to read this book - which sits on my TBR list since it was announced to be published. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Well now is the perfect time to pick it up before Crown's Fate is out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)