Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings - book review


Hello everyone! Here comes another book review for you! It is a 2018 release and I am sure many of you anticipated this one too if you are Sasha's follower on You Tube! Sasha is one of my favorite book-tubers and I wanted to check out her work! And about Lindsay, I have read the first book in The Murder Complex duology and had enjoyed it, so I was glad about this duo writing together!

Let's return to our review now!
First of all, the cover is beautiful! I loved it!



To be completely honest, I had heard mixed reviews about this book, a fact that made me a little anxious to read it as I had great expectations! A female bad-ass female character? Space-ships? Adventure? What else did I need to get me intrigued?
Aaaaand the amazing Sarah J. Maas also praised this book!!!!  However, I am gladly to say that I really, REALLY, enjoyed it! I already can't wait to read the sequel!

The story is about a band of four amazing and strong women, or 3 women and a girl actually, who take on a dangerous mission that would either save or destroy them! At the same time though, many other things and stories unravel too! There is so much action and I also loved that we were reading it through many points of view from different characters, good and evil.



I loved the main character, Androma. She kind of reminded me Celeana Sardothien! Anyone else? She has a sassy character and she may look like she has no human feelings but that is far from true.

And Dex! 😍 I approve! He is so... real if you know what I mean! I would gladly be his friend!!! Hehehe!!! 😉

And on page 50...
Officer Fraser...
I know what you did there... Sasha! Because I know it was you!!! Hahaha!!!

I rated this book with 4 stars! 



Some of my favorite quotes:

Love was all well and good, but money was the true key to Dex's heart.


"Voluntarily letting myself get beat into submission," he said, "is not one of my prouder moments in life."

"Come on, baby," Andi said, patting the Marauder's dash as if it would atually listen to her plea.
"Coming!" an unwelcome voice came from behind her.
Andi let out an audible groan.
"Get in a seat Dextro. now!"

"...But my loyalty is yours... until the mountains falls."

“It was a desert world where the wind blew as hot as the devil’s backside”

“And, of course, outside the hooded cape, her trademark glowing swords were strapped across her back like an X of death.” 





Check also the Goodreads summary:

Most know Androma Racella as the Bloody Baroness, a powerful mercenary whose reign of terror stretches across the Mirabel Galaxy. To those aboard her glass starship, Marauder, however, she's just Andi, their friend and fearless leader.
But when a routine mission goes awry, the Marauder's all-girl crew is tested as they find themselves in a treacherous situation and at the mercy of a sadistic bounty hunter from Andi's past.
Meanwhile, across the galaxy, a ruthless ruler waits in the shadows of the planet Xen Ptera, biding her time to exact revenge for the destruction of her people. The pieces of her deadly plan are about to fall into place, unleashing a plot that will tear Mirabel in two.
Andi and her crew embark on a dangerous, soul-testing journey that could restore order to their shipor just as easily start a war that will devour worlds. As the Marauder hurtles toward the unknown, and Mirabel hangs in the balance, the only certainty is that in a galaxy run on lies and illusion, no one can be trusted.


That's all for now!
Thank you all for reading this post!
Also, check out The Murder Complex book review!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)