Fitness Friday - Homemade Oat Bars recipe
I love fitness bars! They re easy to make, there are tons of recipes, million ingredient combinations and healthy first of all!!! Here is the recipe I've been using this year! They are amazing!!!!! If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen me making them on my story!
So, first of all let me tell you that this is just a suggestion! You may mix and match different ingredients!
This is your baseline:
First, combine the dry ingredients. In a different bowl combine the wet ingredients. You may put the wet ingredients in the microwave for a couple minutes to help the stirring. Pour the wet ingredients in the dry and mix well.
Let the dough in the fridge for a couple of hours and then cut it into 20 pieces. (one bar = 280kcal,according to the above ingredients)
Now let's discuss other options!
- Instead of oats you could use any other cereal or a combination of cereals!
- Instead of peanut butter you could use almond butter, or tahini.
- Instead of honey you could use maple or agave syrup.
- Instead of dark chocolate you could use milk chocolate or any other chocolate you like.
- You could use any dried fruit, one or more, or you could also omit them from the recipe. Nice combos are goji berries, dried apricots, dried cranberries, raisins.
-Instead of hazel nuts you could use almonds or any other nuts or seeds you like or a trail mix of your liking.
- Dried coconut adds a tropical flavor to your bars! You could omit these too or you could add cinnamon (not 30gr of cinnamon though!)
-Instead of flax seed, choose another super-food you like! You may add chia seeds, a scoop of protein, 2 Tbs acai powder
Enjoy with a cup of coffee!!!
That's all for now!
Thank you for reading this post!
If you try this recipe let me know in the comments below or in Instagram (@joan.ts).
See you soon!