Mid 2017 Book Haul!


These last 6 months of 2017 I bought twelve books - some new releases some not! I am happy I haven't bought more because my TBR list is REALLY huge for the moment...😖 I have only read 4 of them... But my unread books is a (scary) story for another time... hahaha!!

Let's begin! I have listed them by chronological order... 😋


1. The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins

My brothers gifted me this book as well as Winter below for New Year's presents! I haven't read it yet and I keep resisting watching the movie for this reason! I have heard great things for this book and I hope to read it before 2017 ends!!

2. Winter by Marissa Meyer

This book completes 'The Lunar Chronicles' series. I have read and reviewed the first two books; Cinder and Scarlet and I loved them! They are fairy tale retellings of Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood that take place in the far away future! They are really fun to read and I am curious to find out how the story wraps up in the end!

3. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

This is the second book in the Passenger duology. I have also read and reviewed both Passenger and Wayfarer. Check them out if time-travelling is your weak point! I haven't read many duologies... this may be the only one to be exact! 



4. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard 

Truthwitch is the first book in 'The Witchlands' series. You could read my past post for more info but let me first tell you that I love this series so far! I love magic and I also love the fact that female friendship is so well described in this book! 

5. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

King's Cage is the third book in the 'Red Queen" series. In this series humankind is divided by blood. There are the Silvers who have Silver blood and special abilities and the Reds who have red blood and no special abilities. Reds serve Silvers. But when a Red girl with power appears you can imagine the chaos that is created!

6. Windwitch by Susan Dennard 

Windwitch is the second book in 'The Witchlands' book series. I have read and reviewed both two books of the series and I now have to wait for six more months before the third book comes out! It is called Bloodwitch, so I am soooo curious! 😉



7. Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis

Cassandra Clare is one of my favorite authors! I have read (and reviewed too!) all her books from 'The Mortal Instruments' and 'The Infernal Devices' series and I loved them, as well as 'Tales from Shadowhunter Academy' and the first book of her last series 'The Dark Artifices', Lady Midnight! I want to have every book by her that is about the Shadowhunters! I LOVE this world! I have wished more than once that I'd be a Shadowhunter myself! I haven't read the Codex yet but I will definitely let you know once I do!

8. A Court Of Wings And Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

Another favorite author of mine plus favorite series too! A Court Of Wings And Ruin is the third book in 'A Court Of Thorns And Roses' series. I love it more than her 'Throne Of Glass' series! I haven't read it yet even though this is one of my most anticipated reads for this year! 😍

9. Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye

The Crown's Game was a surprise book for me! I didn't expect it to love it as much I did!! So Crown's Fate is another most anticipated read of mine! I can't wait to find out what happened to my favorite characters after that ending.....!!!!



10. Lord Of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

You guessed right! I can't wait to pick this book up after finishing my current read which is Ice like Fire by Sara Raasch! Cassandra Clare's writing is soooo captivating! I am already 100% sure that I'm going to LOVE this book as much or more as I liked Lady Midnight! Lord of Shadows is the second book in 'The Dark Artifices' trilogy.

11. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson

A companion book containing stories about the famous and mystical warlock Magnus Bane! magnus is one of my favorite characters! I love the fact that being an immortal he keeps appearing in every book regardless the time period of the book! I am eager to finally learn why he is banned from Peru! 

12. The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory

Philippa Gregory has also been a favorite author of mine for years now! I love every book that I have read by her and being so obsessed with the new tv series 'White Princess' that aired this year, I decided to continue on with 'The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels' series. I own many books written by her that I haven't yet read! My goal is to read every book that she has written!!! They are so many! But I love her style so much that I won't regret reading any of them!
 

Have you read any of them? Let me know in the comments below!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)