Allegiant by Veronica Roth - book review




Yes, I am back with book reviews! It's been a while and I have a ton of books I've read but not reviewed yet!!! Well, not a ton but you got what I meant! Here is a book review from a book that I read back in June and I believe I am the last one that I have read it so late! That is Allegiant by Veronica Roth! 
This is the third and final book to the Divergent trilogy! Make sure to read Divergent and Insurgent book reviews on my blog as well!!
So... Allegiant... I read this book so late after the publication date because I was a bit spoiled about the ending! They all kept talking about it in general words and I got it... and it ruined me.. and I lost interesting in reading it for a while! Nevertheless, because I can't leave unfinished series I read it and to be honest I was surprised! Yes, I kinda predicted right about the ending but I still read it pretty quickly! Four is my favorite character and I enjoyed his scenes very much! 

Summary by Goodreads:
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.
But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend to complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

To be honest I liked it a lot more than book two but the first one is still my favorite. It was a really enjoyable read and I understand why it raised so many mixed reviews due to its finale. I personally was a bit shocked but I got it and maybe because I read it so many years later it didn't affect me that much!

Well, since it's been some time that I've read it I don't remember anything else that I would like to say about this book! Hahaha!!! I just remember the feeling it left me after... Bittersweet feelings and glad I finished a series I had unread for so long!



I haven't read many dystopian novels or series but I recommend it!
If you like this one, you'll also probably enjoy The 5th Wave trilogy by Rick Yancey!

I rated this book with 3.75 stars



Some of my favorite quotes:

“I suppose a fire that burns that bright is not meant to last.”

“Knowledge is power. Power to do evil...or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.”

“I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me.” 

“There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.
But sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. 
That is the sort of bravery I must have now.” 

Have you read this trilogy? What did you believe? 
Do you have any other recommendation?

That's all for now!!!
See you next time!
xoxo
Joan!


*Also follow @booksreadbyjoan on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)