Sci-Fi and Fantasy Week on Goodreads!!! Book Recommendation!



Hey guys! It is Sci-Fi and Fantasy week on Goodreads! And what better way to celebrate this week by recommending my top picks from each genre! 


Fantasy is my most top genre of books EVER!!! Closely followed by Historical Fiction! Sci-Fi is in the third position...! To give you an example, this year I have read 25 books so far! 13 of them are fantasy (50%), 6 of them are historical fiction (25%) and only 3 are sci-fi (12%). 



The three sci-fi book I have read are (by chronological order):

  1. The Last Star by Rick Yancey
  2. Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings
  3. Allegient by Veronica Roth 

Before talking about my top 3 sci-fi picks, let me tell you that sometimes it's really hard to distinguish sci-fi from fantasy, so from the books below, I believe that they fit better in the sci-fi category but definitely have fantasy elements!

TOP 3 SCI-FI BOOKS I'VE READ

No 3. Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings!

The first book in the Androma Saga. I know that many readers have rated this book really low but I loved it!👾🚀 I don't know if it's because I am not that accustomed to reading sci-fi or not but the truth is that I had a great time reading it and the writing style reminded me a bit of my favorite Sarah J. Maas!! I can't wait for Nexus to be published!!!! 😍 




This first book in the Divergent series was sooooo good!!! It maybe was one of the first sci-fi books I have read!I have finally finished this series some months ago since I had some restrains moving to the finale (yes, I was mildly spoiled!!!) but this first book was legit! Definitely the first book was the best in this series!





This one got me completely by surprise! I didn't expect to love it as much as I did! The first book was also my favorite of this series! Wow! This makes me wonder.... I hope Nexus of The Androma Saga won't be worst than Zenith because it seems that I enjoy more the first books! Hahah!!!




Moving on with FANTASY!!!!! 💓💓💓💓💓

Scyhold - Dragon Age Inquisition

I LOVE FANTASY!!! Especially Fantasy that has to do with medieval settings, myths and legends and of course... magic!

This year I have read the following fantasy books so far:
*Also, these are the ones I (and Goodreads😋) believe fall better into this category.

  1. Cress by Marissa Meyer
  2. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
  3. The Edinburgh Seer series (3 books) by Alisha Klapheke 
  4. Sightwitch by Susan Dennard
  5. Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead
  6. Hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  7. Norse Mythology by Nail Gaiman
  8. A Court Of Frost And Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
  9. The Queen of the Tearling by Erica Johansen
  10. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
  11. Bright Smoke, Cold Fire by Rosamund Hodge

And I am sure that many more will add up by December!!!

It was SUPER EXTRA HARD to pick my top 5 fantasy book series!! (IMPOSSIBLE to just pick 3)

No 5. Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearn



I borrowed this series from my brother and I got so obsessed!!! I read it many years ago and still holds a special place in my heart! I will definitely need to re-read this series and have a copy of my own! If you love medieval Japanese folklore and ninja (superpower) tales you'll love it too! Takeo and Kaede will forever be a troublesome yet loving couple in my head! I love them both even if they did drive me crazy at some points!




Don't get me wrong... I also love Throne Of Glass too but this series is my guilty pressure! Rhysand....😍😍😍 
'nough said.... aaaahhh!!!!






Would it be cheating if I wrote "Every book in the Shadowhunter World"? 😋
Lady Midnight and Lord of Shadows were both mindblown! I am patiently (or not so much) waiting for the third and final book that I am sure it will destroy me!!!!!!!!!
Queen of Air and Darkness is coming out this December! THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT! Am I right??????? I am so nervous to see how this story is going to finish and I am not ready to say goodbye to all those awesome characters! 
P.S. I love you Julian!!! 





That trilogy.... WOW!!!!!! 
The most intense books I've read! Especially Clockwork Princess... Jem, Will, and Tessa are by far my most favorite characters in the Shadow-world! I also borrowed this series from my brother and now I want to buy it for myself because those covers are SO PERFECT! (My brother has a really good taste in books and he remembers everything he reads!!!! Actually both my brothers have a good taste in books!)

I always said I was team Jem but the truth is that this choice was so difficult!!! Still battling to choose even though I was happy about the direction of the story! I need more of them!!!!! I loved this Victorian era of the shadow-world!
We need more medieval fantasy!!!!!

And..........

No 1.
Guess....


Right? What else??? Click on the link above to visit my first ever post in my blog about Harry Potter!!!!
This is my ultimate fantasy... to wake up in this universe!!!! 
I am a proud Gryffindor and my Patronous is a grey Squirrel! 
And as far as Ivermony, I belong to Thunderbirds!!

Harry Potter is the first book series I read! Actually, I was the same age as the characters when reading it (I am 29 now) and it was an amazing experience!!!! I will always come back to those books and they will always be my NO 1!! ALWAYS!!!

Which books would you pick for sci-fi and fantasy week? Tell me in the comments below!!!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)