July favorites and wrap up and August TBR!



Hello guys! I am back from my summer vacation and feeling refreshed and ready for the rest of the year! I thought I would be able to read more but it seems that that wasn't the case...! So without further ado let's move on!


During July I read two books. (What's new - ha?)
Those are:
1. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard - 4.25* (read my book review here!)
2. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory - 5* 



Moving on with this month's favorites:

1. BOOK


It is pretty obvious that the book of the month was The Other Boleyn Girl! I also watched the movie right after finishing the book! So many great actors play in this movie! I totally recommend it even though there are some differences between the movie and the book.

2. TV SERIES



I got obsessed with Riverdale! Seriously! I watched both seasons REALLY fast and now I can't wait for the next one! My favorite character is Jughead! I love him! I would definitely become a Serpent for him! Hahahaha!!!!

3. SUMMER CONCERT



if you are familiar with Eurovision and remember Helena Paparizou with My Number One... well she visited my neighborhood for a concert and I had a fun night! Summer concerts are always fun and the perfect date night! If you click on my July memories on Instagram you may watch part of the concert too!

4. TRAVEL



We visited Kythnos, a Greek island of Cyclades and as you imagine with had the best of times there! Make sure to visit my Instagram account (@joan.ts) because I posted a LOT of beautiful photos there!


5. READATHON

It is always fun to take part in readathons! Tome Topple is my favorite readathon because it encourages you to pick the most intimidating book of your TBR list! You can read more about it in my previous post!

And

6. Yes, this is a new category and it's because July is my favorite month, as I got to celebrate my birthday! 🎉🎉🎉🍰


Our last category... My TBR!


I am pretty ambitious for August even though it is the 6th and haven't finished any book yet!
So here is my TBR!
1. "Ginati" by Yiannis (John) Kalpouzos. This is a Greek book that I am currently reading. My parents gave it to me as a birthday gift and it is historical fiction with romance elements. I love it so far. I hope that it will be translated in the future, so that you may also enjoy it!

2. " Balanced and Beautiful" by Tone It Up aka Katrina Scott and Karena Dawn. This is a guide for a 5 day challenge to refresh, motivate, inspire, energize and relax! I enjoy it very much and it has really helpful lifestyle ideas! As you may know I am a tiugirl myself and a great fan of this amazing community!

3. " Bright Smoke, Cold Fire" by Rosamund Hodge. I enjoyed so much her previous books that I have read (Cruel Beauty and Gilded Ashes) that when her new book got published in paperback edition (which is way cheaper) I had to order it!

4. "Emerald Sea" by Richelle Mead. The third and final book in the Glittering Court series. It came out last month and I can't wait to finally learn Tamsin's secrets and get a complete picture of the story! Read more about: The Glittering Court and Midnight Jewel by clicking the title!

And 
5. (I know I won't have the chance to read it as it is HUGE!!!)
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
I miss the Outlander series! So, in order to get through Droughtlander I have decided to read each book between each season so that I will remember exactly what has happened before the new season airs! I prefer to first watch the tv series and then read the book so that my impatience about what happens next lasts longer! I just realized that I love torturing myself.... hahaha!!!

That was a long post!
I hope you had an amazing summer and still have of course!
Right me comment about your favorites or the books you plan to read or have read!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)