Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer - book review


In the beginning of each year, for two years now I post a review of one of The Lunar Chronicles novels. So, during January 2018 I read the third book of this series, called Cress! However, I believe I will also read the fourth and last one soon and not let it for 2019... hahaha! I would advice you to read Cinder and Scarlet and come back again!


Like the previous books, this is also a fairy tale retelling, this one inspired by Rapunzel! Rapunzel has always been one of my favorite fairy tales, so I was so excited to finally read it!

source

Our new heroine is Cress (Crescent), a Lunar shell, who has spent almost her whole life in isolation, in a satellite, from where she serves Queen Levana with her unique skills as a hacker and computer expert. She is so kind and cute yet strong and brave at the same time! I love how she spies on everything that is happening on earth and falls in love with Thorne, even if she hasn't met him! It really reminded me of my teen crashes!!! 😅😅😅 

At the same time, Cinder, Scarlet, Wolf, Thorne and Iko are doing their best to save Earth from Queen Levana and prevent Kai's marriage with the evil Lunar Queen.

So many stories are colliding in this novel!!! The cast of characters is huge but not complex, so it was a rater fascinating reading experience! This book made me laugh so much! Thorne has turned to be one of my most beloved characters! His humor is everything...! Even though I remember being irritated by him when we first met him in the previous book, he managed to earn my heart! 💗


And that ending! OMG!!!! I need to read Winter ASAP! And talking of Winter, we actually got a small glimpse of princess Winter, but to tell you the truth I am not yet sure about her! I can't wait to meet her better and know her story and background!
I also took a test of which character I am from The Lunar Chronicles (link here!)
It got me Scarlet, even though I chose wearing a princess gown! Hahaha!!!! Do it yourself and tell me your result in the comments below!

I rated this book with 5 stars! Obvi!!!

Some of my favorite quotes:

"She's my alpha," he murmured, with a haunting sadness in his voice.
Alpha.
Cress leaned forward, propping her elbows on her knees, "Like the star?"
"What star?"
She stiffened, instantly embarrassed, and scooted back from him again. "Oh. Um. In a constellation, the brightest star is called the alpha. I thought maybe you meant that she's...like...your brightest star." Looking away, she knotted her hands in her lap, aware that she was blushing furiously now and this beast of a man was about to realize what an over-romantic sap she was.
But instead of sneering or laughing, Wolf sighed, "Yes," he said, his gaze climbing up to the full moon that had emerged in the blue evening sky. "Exactly like that.” 


“Captain,” she murmured.
“I think I’m in love with you.”
An eyebrow shot up. She counted six beats of his heart before, suddenly, he laughed.
“Don’t tell me it took you two whole days to realize that. I must be losing my touch.”


“Maybe there isn’t such a thing as fate. Maybe it’s just the opportunities we’re given, and what we do with them. I’m beginning to think that maybe great, epic romances don’t just happen. We have to make them ourselves.” 

“I promise, I will not let you die without being kissed.”

“Cress?"
"It's beautiful out there."
A hesitation, before, "Could you be more specific?"
"The sky is gorgeous, intense blue color." She pressed her fingers to the glass and traced the wavy hills on the horizon.
"Oh, good. You've really narrowed it down for me."
"I'm sorry, it's just..." She tried to stamp down the rush of emotion. "I think we're in a desert."
"Cactuses and tumbleweeds?"
"No just a lot of sand. It's kind of orangish-gold, with hints of pink, and I can see tiny clouds of it floating above the ground, like...like smoke."
"Piles up in lots of hills?"
"Yes, exactly! And it's beautiful."
Thorne snorted. "If this is how you feel about a desert, I can't wait until you see your first real tree. Your mind will explode.” 



That's all for now!
Thanks for reading it!
See you soon
xoxo Joan!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)