Windwitch by Susan Dennard - Book Review



Windwitch is the second novel in "The Witchlands" series by Susan Dennard. If you have read Truthwitch (click the title for a review) which is the first one you can continue reading! If not... you know what to do!!!!!  ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹
I also read Truthwitch this year and I enjoyed it very much! The main story is about two witches Safi and Iseult, who get into trouble bigger than what you expect! In the beginning of this novel, Safi is about to sail with the Empress Vaness to Azmir, the capital of Marstok, Iseult is being chased by the Cleaved ones, Aeduan is visiting the Raider King and Merik is believed to be dead but he is not...
Let me warn you! Nothing is as it seems!!! Hahaha!!!


In this book we follow the adventures of the main characters during the same timeline. 
Aeduan is supposed to find Iseult as there is a bounty on her, but when he does, he is offered another deal by Iseult to track down Safi. Probably the chapters with Iseult and Aeduan were my favorite ones!!!I loved how they learn to work together and they make a good team. And I am so curious for the next book that is called Bloodwitch!!! Merik tries to unravel his sister's treachery that almost killed him. In his aid comes Cam, who used to work for him.  And Safi and Vaness come face to face with the Hell-Bards. I have mixed feelings for Vaness though... I will have to wait for the third book to see if she keeps her promises!


It was a really good second novel but I liked it a little less that Truthwitch to be honest! It has also a great sense of humor, which I really love when a book makes me laugh! If you have read this book and you want to discuss it feel free to comment anything in the comments below!

I rated this book with 4 out of 5 stars!



My favorite quotes:

Mhe varujta. Trust me as if my soul were yours.”

“There are degrees of freedom. Complete freedom isn't always good, nor is the lack of it always bad.”

“It is always easier to blame gods or legends than it is to face our own mistakes.” 

“Oh, I know!" Safi clapped her hands, delighted by her own genius. "I shall call you Un-empressed."
"Please," Vaness said coldly, "stop this immediately."
Safi absolutely did not.” 


“Stop seeing what you want to see, Merik Nihar, and start seeing what's really here!”

Dead grass is awakened by fire,
dead earth is awakened by rain.
One life will give way to another,
the cycle will begin again.
” 



I hope you have a great week! I totally recommend this series to the fans of Sarah J. Maas' books and all fantasy lovers in general! Susan Dennard's writing style is beautiful and she created an amazing world!
Thank you for reading this review!

My next read is going to be Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch. 
Make sure to read her first novel Snow Like Ashes and join me!










See you soon!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)