January Favorites and wrap up!


The first month of 2018 is almost over! Wow! It's been a great reading month and I created some nice memories too! 

Let's begin with my wrap up!

I read 5 books this month!
These were:
1. Origin by Dan Brown - 5* (book review here!)
2. Cress by Marissa Meyer - 5* (book review coming soon!)
3. Egyptian Mythology by Matt Clayton - 2*
4. The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory - 5* (book review here!)
5. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes - 4* (book review coming soon!)

As you see, I rated three of these books with 5 stars! They were amazing in a different way! 

 - T B R - 

Actually I am currently reading The Last Star by Rick Yancey, along with the audio book! 
And I have also started Zenith: The Androma Saga by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings.

As for my February TBR, I will also read the next book in The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, King's Curse, and I also want to read The Lunar Chronicles finale novel, Winter. And let's not forget about Sightwitch by Susan Dennard!! A prequel to Truthwitch! And because it's February I would like to add a romance novel and so I chose Confess by Colleen Hoover! It's an extremely ambitious TBR list as you may ave noticed! Wish me luck!
And don't forget to write down in the comments what you will read this month!!!

Let's continue with this month's favorites!

1. BOOK

If I had to choose one of the three 5 star books, I would choose Cress, because it was right after the holidays and I was still in holiday mood and I loved the fairy tale vibes!! It was a beautiful reading experience!!! 😍




2. MOVIE

I only went once to the cinema and watched a movie that I really really liked! It was Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. It was soooo funny!!! The actors were so good and it made me laugh a LOT!!!



I had seen both Jumanji and Zathura as a kid and I wanted to see this one too! It has a completely different vibe than the previous movies but I liked it being a comedy! I highly recommend it!

3. ANIME MOVIE

I decided to have this as a different category, because I watched an anime movie that I loved and wanted to talk about it in my favorites too! It is called Your Name and it is about a boy and a girl, Taki and Mitsuha,  changing bodies back and forth and learning how to keep up with their own lives and the other's life. It is such a great movie! It made me laugh and made me cry too! Yes, I cried during an anime movie...! If you know any other good anime movies please let me know as I am really interesting in watching more!!!!




4. TV SERIES

You may think that I spent a lot of time in front of a screen but I swear I did other things too!!!!
I just couldn't not speak about this series!
I started watching The Crown this month on Netflix and OMG this series is soooo good! It follows Queen Elizabeth's II life from her youth and it is one of my favorite series!! As you may know I am a huge fan of historical fiction novels and that extends to tv shows as well! I got obsessed! 



5. MUSIC

And I also have a song for you! 
It's called Hundred Miles by Yall and Gabriella Richardson. It has a playful vibe that reminds me of summer! I love it!




What about you?
Let's talk in the comments below!
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)