Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Valentine's Day has come and passed but still, February is considered the month of love! So, I have another romantic novel for you! I always wanted to read a book by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Frigid was for free on Kindle version so I took the chance to read it! This is an adult novel, as it contains strong language and adult scenes.


Frigid is a duology contemporary romance series. The first novel, baring the same name, talks about two best friends, Kyler and Skyler who end up from friends to lovers. To be specific, they have been inseparable best friends since childhood, but during their teenage years Skyler has fallen in love with Kyler, even tough he is a complete womanizer! It is also written by both of the main characters' point of view that makes it really interesting! It is also set in Christmas, and I read it in December but if you feel like you'll like it don't resist reading it!



Yes, it is a bit of a cliche, and a bit predictable but still it is a cute, quick and addicting read! It was one of those reads that fall into my guilty pleasure category! It is also really humorous! It made me laugh a lot!!! And definitely I would also like to check out other novels by the same author, so if you know a good one let me know in the comments below!!!

I rated it with 4.5 hearts!



Some of my favorite quotes:


“If I fall and break my neck, will you say something nice at my funeral?"
"Like 'Kyler was usually more graceful?”


“Guys are totally stupid when it comes to unrequited love. We females pine away and keep our thighs closed for the most part when we love someone we can’t have. Guys swing their shit around at anything that has a hole, trying to forget the one they want.” 

And it had always been like that. Year after yea, when she saw me, she always smiled and her eyes would get so bright and so blue, I couldn't help but find them beautiful.

He smiled. "What can I get you honey?" Since 'a brain' wasn't provided in a bottle, I went with the next best thing. "A shot of Jose."


That's all for now!
Thank you for reading it!
See you soon!
xoxo Joan!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)