Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch book review!


Finally! A book review! 😉
Today we are talking about Ice Like Fire, the second book in the 'Snow Like Ashes' series! Read the first one and come back for this review! 😀
This book is narrated by Meira's and Mather's point of view, an element that I really like in books because we get to spend time with more than one characters and it makes things more interesting! 

Meira is now Queen of Winter and she has to reconstruct her new kingdom, pay up Cordell for their help and at the same time resist Noam's forces to rule her kingdom as he sees like. She has at her side Sir (of course) and Theron. Mother is rather distant but always loyal.

The plot is quite interesting, even though it seemed to me slow at some points. The last pages were really enjoyable but to be honest I liked the first book more than this one. The characters really annoyed me too! Especially Meira and Theron! They look nothing like the first book and I was frustrated by their behavior! I grew to like Mother way more though! I used to be #teamTheron as far as romance is concerned but I am not any more... I got really confused at some point and I blame Sara for this!!!

The good part is that we get to travel in the world and meet new kingdoms and new characters! I was waiting for this to happen and it did not disappoint me!

Even though I didn't like this book that much as Snow like Ashes, I loved the writer's style and the whole world she has created is unique! I will for sure pick up the last one of this series and hope for the beautiful and satisfying ending that it deserves. 

I rated this book with 3.5 stars.



Some of my favorite quotes:

“The most powerful magic of all is choice.” 




"Horrible things have happened to us, are still happening to us, will happen every day for the rest of our lives, probably. What defines us is not our ability to never let them break us--what defines us is not letting them own us. We are the Thaw, and we will not be defeated by memories or evil men."



“What defines us is not our ability to never let them break us-what defines us is not letting them own us.” 




Have a great week everybody! 
See you soon!😍
xoxo Joan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)