Blogmas - Throne of Glass #4 - Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas


Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas is the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series! Go read the previous books (and my reviews) and come back here!

I am so sorry that I haven't blogged in a while!!! Truth is I was so busy these days and I am getting ready for a roadtrip for Christmas!! Yeayyy!!!! I promise that 2017 will be way more interesting!! But now lets talk about books!!!


  Queen of Shadows starts exactly after the events of Heir Of Fire.
Aedion is imprisoned, Dorian is under the influence of the Valg prince and Chaol is not a captain any more and he is trying to find how to  stop the king from achieving his evil plans. He actually knows how to restore magic! Also, Aelin has just arrived on Rifthold, without Rowan.


The first part of this book made me so nostalgic for Crown of Midnight. I was fantasizing over the scene where Aelin and Chaol would meet again. 



We also get to meet Arobynn again along with the Assassins' Guild and Lysandra! 

In the meantime, Manon and the rest of the witches with their wyverns are in Morath, where they have to obey Duke Perrington's orders, even though it's certain that something strange is going on!
And if you waited foe her to meet with Aelin... it happens! But can't tell more about it!!!
 Let me tell you that I really respected Manon in this novel and she totally changed what I thought of her in the beginning!

But seriously... SO MUCH IS GOING ON!!!! The things we learn in this book and those that happen have blown my mind!!!!!!
The world has expanded and the characters have grown and it's just crazy! You should read this series too!!


Find my other reviews:


book review
book review


book review
book review













I gave this book 5 stars! (What a surprise, right?)



Some of my favorite quotes:

“She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing, save the crown that was hers by blood and survival and triumph.”

"Please," Lysandra said, waving a manicured hand, "you and I are nothing but wild beasts wearing human skins. Don't even try to deny it."

“Sometimes there won’t be a right choice, just the best of several bad options.” 

“What in hell is that?”
She kept going toward the bathroom, refusing to apologize or look down at the pink, delicate, very
short lace nightgown. When she emerged, face washed and clean, Rowan was sitting up, arms crossed
over his bare chest. “You forgot the bottom part.”
She merely blew out the candles in the room one by one. His eyes tracked her the entire time.
“There is no bottom part,” she said, flinging back the covers on her side. “It’s starting to get so hot,
and I hate sweating when I sleep. Plus, you’re practically a furnace. So it’s either this or I sleep
naked. You can sleep in the bathtub if you have a problem with it.”


“Whatever you had to do to survive, whatever you did from spite or rage or selfishness … I don’t give a damn. You’re here—and you’re perfect. You always were, and you always will be.” 


And the list could be endless... for real....!!!


Countdown:
3 days until Christmas!
This is how I picture Celaena - Aelin in a Christmas party!! Just in blond version!
Source
See you soon!
xoxo Joan



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)