Throne of Glass #3 - Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

Guess what! Another Sarah J. Maas book review!
I kind of marathoned her books this year so be sure that there are more of her books coming soon! Be sure to read her previous books and my reviews here before reading about Heir Of Fire




So, Heir of Fire is the third book in The Throne of Glass series, which is one of my favorite series as you may have imagined!

In this book we follow three stories happening at the same time in different areas.

First of all, we have Celaena. We already know that Celaena is actually Aelin, Queen of Terrassen, though she hasn't yet accepted her lineage. The King of Adarlan has sent Celaena to Wendlyn, in order to kill the royal family. But as they truly are her kin, she uses her travel to find her Fae Queen Aunt Maeve and learn more about the Wyrdkeys. In order to be accepted in Doranelle, her aunt's kingdom, she has to train with Rowan Whitethorn, a Fae Prince from Mala's line, and learn how to use and control her magic.



At the same time, we learn what's going on in Rifthold. Chaol is devastated about the whole magic thing. Aedion, Aelin's cousin and also the King's Northern General, arrive in Rifthold. And Dorian meets Sorscha, the kingdom's healer. 



And lastly, we get to know Manon Blackbeack, an Ironteeth witch. The witches are actually working with the King of Adarlan, so that they can claim again their country. The King has given them wyverns to ride and train with them for war.


In this book we meet  loads of new characters! I didn't know if I trusted Rowan at first but he definitely earned me. His friendship with Celaena seems to be so special. I was really sad that things between Celaena and Chaol didn't work out but I keep my hopes for the time they meet again. Even though, I am not so sure they are destined to be together... 😢 Or if I would ship her with Rowan instead.. 😕 Especially after reading The Assassin's Blade I miss Sam sooo much!! 
Aedion really surprised me! He is so loyal and determined to do everything for Aelin.
Manon. My God... I despised her so much in the beginning of this book! She had no heart at all!! I loved her relationship with her wyvern, Abraxos, and I really can't wait for the moment she meet with Celaena. That would be sooooo awesome! 

The character development in this book is HUGE!!!! But I can't say more without spoiling!!!! I also loved the fact that we learn more about Celaena's past while she was still a young princess. That was a really nice story! And we get to learn about the Fae too! There are some same facts with the Fae from Sarah J. Maas' other book series, A Court of Thorns and Roses. Seriously, you have to read her books!! Right ASAP!!

I gave this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars!




Some of my favorite quotes (because there are so many!!):

“He'd known, since the moment he figured out who she was, that while Celaena would always pick him, Aelin would not.” 

“All she knew was that whatever and whoever climbed out of that abyss of despair and grief would not be the same person who had plummeted in.” 

“They have made you into monsters. Made Manon. And we feel sorry for you.” 

“When my mate died, it took me a very, very long time to come back."
It took her a moment to think of what to say.
"How long?"
"Two hundred three years, twenty-seven days ago.”


“...it would have been nice, she supposed. It would have been nice to have one person who knew the absolute truth about her--and didn't hate her for it. 
It would have been really, really nice.
She walked away without another word. With each step she took back to her room, that flickering light inside of her guttered.
And went out.”





*Images of characters are from Google Images. I am sorry I couldn't find the artist from each one.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)