A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR #1) by Sarah J. Maas





Just one word!! WOW!  
I don't know why I hadn't read this book earlier! But good news are that the second book was published some days ago and my copy is on its way to my hands!!



A Court of Thorns and Roses is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, but not in the way you imagine! In this world there are human people and faeries and the hate between them goes really far behind in the past. The Wall divides these two different worlds, so that they could live in peace, or so they thought.The main character is Feyre, a young girl who hunts in the magical forest near the Wall in order to provide for her father and her sisters. But when she hunts down a wolf so that her family won't starve during winter, little she knows that this wolf is actually a faerie and that she has to pay his life with her freedom. Feyre has to live the rest of her life in Tamlin's court. When Feyre's feelings towards Tamlin are growing from hatred to passion, something dark is coming for both faeries and humans and Fayre may be the only one who can stop this from happening.

Even from the beginning of the book I literally admired Feyre! She is really loyal to the promise she gave that she would take care of her family even though her father and oldest sisters are not helping that much! 

Tamlin is the ideal boyfriend-material! Strong and sexy and loyal and all those good qualities a man can have! He knows how to make a girl feel like a real princess and his feelings are deep and sincere! I really liked how the romance between him and Feyre is progressing like a normal relationship and not like an insta-love that usually happens on books! 





Lucien could totally be my best friend! I love his sarcasm and his loyalty to Tamlin. He made me laugh by myself while reading! 





Rhysand is the bad boy every girls is dreaming about! He is super hot, super confident and that mystery that surrounds him make him even more interesting! He definitely knows how to claim what he wants and I can't wait to learn everything about him in the second book!







My favorite quotes:

“Do you ever stop being so serious and dull?"
"Do you ever stop being such a prick?" I snapped back.
Dead—really, truly, I should have been dead for that.
But Lucien grinned at me. "Much better.”


"I might die of surprise," Lucien said behind me. "You made a joke, Feyre."

“He brought his lips to my ear. "I would have been gentle with you, though." I shuddered as I closed my eyes. Every inch of my body went taut as his words echoed through me. "I would have had you moaning my name throughout it all. And I would have taken a very, very long time, Feyre.” 

“Everything I love has always had a tendency to be taken away from me” 

“Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don’t feel anything at all.”

 I loved this book so much!  
There are so many twists that literally blew my mind!!! Don't ask if I ship more Tamlin or Rhysand! That is the ultimate dilemma! Sarah J. Maas has managed to totally confuse me!!! A solid 5/5 roses!!! 




Please share with me your own thoughts!!! Till next time....
Goodbye!!! 

All photos from characters are from ACOTAR Wikia.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Book and Movie Review (spoiler-free)